Cooperative Play?

Starting about November 1st, the girls have mostly hated being around one another. They will still consistently give kisses to “sissy” each night, but otherwise they fight like cats and dogs. All freaking day.

The first week of November, we acquired a teeter totter from another WCMOTC mama that we had planned to add to the Christmas gifts. However, the timing seemed perfect. Perhaps introducing such a toy would encourage cooperative play, and discourage a little bit of the WWE Raw crap that was otherwise going on in our living room.
It lasted about 4 minutes (2 minutes longer than the just-viewed video). Once they got proficient at climbing on and off of the apparatus and rocking it on their own, they discovered that they could both fight AND play with the new toy by themselves. Occasionally these days you’ll see them playing together, but most of the time it’s used as a single-rider piece of equipment. It has cut down on the number of fights compared to when we just had one rocking thing (horse), so I suppose it has served some sort of purpose.
Besides, in the last week or so the fighting has dwindled down to only about 94% of their awake time. The other 6% (give or take), you might find them doing this —
I prefer those sweet girls, but they never ask my preference. πŸ™‚

Comments

  1. OMG Jen! I can’t believe that I have only just watched my first ever video on your blog (I usually read your updates on my iphone and the videos don’t work).

    Those two are just too cute – I can’t believe they fight, they’re too adorable!

    Good to finally hear your voice too – lovin your accent πŸ™‚

  2. It was so nice to see your comments! I have to admit, this one made me chuckle. Even within the various accents throughout the US, the midwest has the most “benign” – even newscasters, sitcoms, etc sound just like us Ohioans, so nobody EVER says I have an accent – even if they are from another part of the country. It took me a minute to figure out where you were coming from! πŸ˜‰